Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W10 Windows 'Background Wallpaper' Pictures 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi,

I have the latest version of W10 running and sometime in the past Microsoft started to deploy pictures which I have termed 'Background Wallpaper' since they take over everything and once instituted, I have to renter my password. I have searched and have found no way to disable these pictures. I believe it is because I do not know what to call them and 'Background Wallpaper' only gets me to the wallpaper controls.

Does anyone know how to turn off these pictures once and for all?

Thank you in advance for your help!!

Sounds like you are talking about the lock screen, and sounds like your lock screen is set to Windows spotlight

So, to switch that - right-click desktop, select 'Personalise" then choose the Lock Screen tab. Change the backgroumd to Picture or maybe Slideshow.

Thank you strongm!!! I hate it when Microsoft does an update and decides to change my settings.

Have a great day!!

Microsoft is not the only one that does that. My pet hate in that regard is Firefox. Not only do their upgrades muck up my carefully-done customisations, but they often clobber my choice of add-ins and extensions as well.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

I think you are referring to the lock screen. This is caused when the Spotlight feature is turned on. Try turning it off from the Personalisation tab to select your own lock screen look and feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back