Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

W10 1803 seems to have broken ftp via wininet.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Olsson

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
SE
Any thougts?
With earlier versions of W10 (installed on lots of places over the country) I have no problems what-so-ever

You could tell more details, code, errors encountered, which API calls don't work...

I had no problems using FTPGet.prg from faq184-3234, for example, which is wininet based FTP.
Edit: FTPPut.prg also works.

When experimenting with wininet.dll, no matter what Windows version, you can easily have problems with the API functions having InternetConnect unmatched with InternetCloseHandle.
Windows is very sensitive to that, it's not that unimportant as not closing file handles, for example.

You can easily have problems with firewall rules, active/passive FTP, whatever. Did you check you get normal results doing this manually with a normal FTP client like FileZilla, so a general problem is ruled out? Such things always are detective work, coming to a forum without any clues is really just stating you don't care and only want confirmation. Well, I can't confirm.

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke Software Engineering

The problem was with: hFtpSession = InternetConnect (hOpen, strHost, INTERNET_INVALID_PORT_NUMBER, strUser, strPwd, INTERNET_SERVICE_FTP, 0, 0) which returned 0 but in recently update it seems to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back