Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VWin32(05)+00012D0 Error: OE: 0028: 0029A4A8

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnajoe83

Technical User
Feb 7, 2004
US
I keep getting the above error message when shutting down my Compaq Presario M/N 5WV280, Windows ME. Then I have to shut it down improperly and restart it with a system scan every time. Can anyone tell me what this may be?

I ran a virus scan and there does not seem to be any present.

I'm wondering if it could be due to RAM. My computer seems to be bogging down since switching to DSL and since loading a couple of new programs. The last one, a game, comes up with a message each time I get on it stating that it may not run optimally due to low RAM. Does DSL use RAM even when you are not on the internet?? Could this be causing the error when shutting down the pc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Donna

and since loading a couple of new programs

And have you tried removing these new programs, one by one, and testing to see if your problem can be resolved?

Tired of waiting for an answer? Try asking better questions. See: faq222-2244

Yes, the new programs are working fine. Sometimes, though, with the game that warns it may not work optimally wdue to low RAM, it freezes up, but this doesn't happen too often.

Could this be causing this error when I turn the pc off? Someone thought I just may need to clean up my pc i.e. remove stuff I don't use including the icons on the bottom right (I have 7) and that in itself slows down the boot up process. However, I don't know how to get rid of those.

Any suggestions?

Yes, The came can be cause your problem. I would uninstall the game and see if the problem goes away. Check the Msconfig, start tab and see if you have anything starting up you can turn off. This could also be causing your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back