Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vUCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoWitnesses

Technical User
Jan 9, 2010
GB
Hi

I have a vUCC small business bundle license. When setting the VM do I need a vMAS as well or is that included in the vUCC.

Thanks

If you're referring to the NEW vUCC product then this is MAS with MBG+MCD+NPM+AWC+ACU all in there.

Hi
Thanks for replying, so on my Esxi box the only VM i need is the vUCC.

The vUCC is a new product with the products shown by DoubleUT in them so yes its a single virtual machine. People just need to keep that straight from the UCC packaging that is available that still can require individual virtual machines, depending on the deployment. Not if you intend to use teleworker phones you may need an additional vMBG so it can be placed seperately in the customers DMZ. Not recommended by Mitel to put a vUCC in the DMZ.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Ok Thank you. Just read I need a vCenter on the ESXi machine for anybody else reading this.

I have installed it without using vcentre but Mitel says its not yet officialy supported if deployed in that manner.
When Deployed via vcentre an additional setup wizard appears during the deployment.
The next version apparantly may remove this restriction

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

vCenter is a seperate application used to manage vMWare so It would need to be a seperate virtual machine from the ESXi virtual machine. The could be on the same vMWare host.

Hi When did vUCC come out and is it out in Europe as I can't find it on the Mitel web page and have been waiting for it for ages ???

It is fairly recent product ( months? ). Its on the Mitel web site. You need to check out the Mivoice for Business and then on that page Virtual solutions. There is some info there about it. The installation course is available in the Mitel training protal ( at least I was told it was ).

If your company has access to MOL and you can reach the Mitel product documentation page you can get info on it by searching of vUCC. Think the engineering guide for it is just part of the normal MAS Eng Guide as it really is just vMAS with vMCD added ( finally ).

Thanks LoopyLou ..I knew there was docs available , I don't see it under software downloads ..i don't have vUCC section and its not under MAS

This may depend on what country you are from.
I think it might available next month for us here in Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back