Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSTools dag issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borvik

Programmer
Jan 2, 2002
US
I'm attempting to upgrade our plugins so that I can upgrade our GP version, but I've run into a problem generating an assembly from our Dexterity plugin for our VS Tools plugin.

I have an isolated system, running the version for this upgrade (GP 10.0.1868). I've also installed the Visual Studio Tools SDK on it and patched it to SP5. The Dexterity plugin was rewritten using Dexterity 10.0.332.

I am getting the following error: "Reading metadata from {PLUGIN NAME}: External component has thrown an exception."

The DagErrors file contains something about an SEHException and RMWindowScroll.get_window_field(RMWindowScroll*, Int16 ).

Anyone have any clues as to what might be going on?

I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but the dag output screen shows "Dictionary Assembly Generator Version 10.0.0.0".

I would assume that applying the vstools sdk sp5 msp should have updated the dag and the version number should be higher than 10.0.0.0, but maybe that's normal - I don't know.

Just thought I'd add this to try and help diagnose the situation.

I think I found the issue. Looking at the Dex.dic file in the VS Tools SDK directory, I found it was version 10.0.331 versus the actual 10.0.332 version of Dexterity.

Turns out a fully patched Dexterity does NOT coincide with a fully patched VS Tools SDK (for GP 10). I could find no higher version of the VS Tools SDK, so I downgraded GP down to 10.0.1579, though I suppose I could go up to 10.0.1701 just no higher as anything higher uses Dexterity 10.0.332.

I redid my plugin in the correct version of Dexterity, and dag worked just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back