Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSS differences

Status
Not open for further replies.

psperry2

Programmer
Nov 7, 2007
US
I have started a new job where I have inherited multiple projects and very little documentation. What I want to do is to put each project (All Visual FoxPro 7) into VSS version 5.0. I have every version of these many projects stored in a WinRAR archive for every release of the software. What I want to do is to put in the oldest version first, then skip to the latest version as the next version in VSS. What I don't know how to do is to indicate to VSS that some files were deleted in the later version and some new files added. Can I even do a Diff report that will show this?

I answered my own question. FoxPro has the abilityy to interface with VSS. I used FoxPro's native capability to interface to check in the project. It will never be very useful for seeing files that were added or dropped however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back