Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSS and InterDev Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

garett

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
US
Hello, I am trying to set up VSS for my InterDev project. I have a main web project on my computer and need it to be accessable by the other programmers here. I've been able to get the web project added to VSS, but when I go to the VSS database, there is only a folder... then when I open InterDev again, only the folder shows up.. no files.

Aside from that problem I'm having, I also do not know how to connect another workstation to use my vss interdev project.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Ok, I have been successful in getting sourceSafe working on my computer. Now, I was wondering how I can connect another workstation to the same project.

I have tried making new project in interdev and going to the "Existing" tab, then clicking the "Source Control" button at the bottom.. but, not being certain of what should be typed when asked, I have not been able to get that to work without getting the message "Project contains no files".

Any suggestions?

thanks.

ah ha! I've figured it out! Yippy!

In case anyone else would like to know, here is what I did. After setting up the visual sourceSafe server, I created a new project in Visual InterDev. After that was done, I clicked on the "Project->SourceControl->Add to Source Control". Then I added selection and chose the correct db etc for vss. After it worked on my computer (I was able to check out and in files and could see them in the VSS browser) I was able to get other users onto it simply by adding their name to the vss db and having them create a new project on their workstation. The server for the new project is the server that VSS-Server is set up on and then they want to connect to the web server on the machine.

Simple when I look at it now.. but since there is little to no documentation on this, it was tricky for me to figure out. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back