Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSP Cache 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug1ct

Technical User
Nov 17, 2004
GB
Hi,
I am backing up some win servers to a unix system and 1 is failing with exit status 155, indicating the disc is full.
The win server admins confirm it is full & have cleared some space, no problem.
However they report there are about 20 x 1gb files over a 6 month period referring to VSP Cache of the format VSPCachex.vsp where x=number, does anyone know
1. what these are
2. can I have them deleted
3. where I can find out more info about Nb on win to unix
4. do I need to run VSP as this has always caused these servers to exit status 1(partially complete)
Thanking you in advance
Doug

It seems that a .vsp file is a Veritas Snapshot cache file. With the VSP, a virtual drive that represents a static copy of the volume is created along with a corresponding cache file. Read this, might answer it better than I can.

Try that website, it might answer better than I can. As for deleting them, that's beyond me.

I had this same error and a case open earlier this week.

I fixed the backup by setting VSP to "retry" Set to "individual" drive snapshot.

Set the two parameters to 10% of the available disk space of the disk with the lowest amount of space.

in my case I set them both to use 1024MB on the client-

The backup work's now.

I'd call Veritas and see if you can have them deleted though.

Good luck

Ryan

By design, VSP files are supposed to be automatically deleted after the backup has completed. If a problem occurs during the backup, the file doesn't always get deleted. Unless a backup is occuring on the particular machine at the moment, they are ok to delete. If you get some sort of access denied error, just stop the NetBackup service then delete the file and restart the service.

HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back