Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSIFAX3 Duplicate Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

626F62

Technical User
Jul 18, 2006
GB
Having a lot of problems with VSIFax these days...

one of my customers has rung up saying that when they try and use vsifax it is coming up with an error

duplicate Keys...

and no VSI commands are working...

they have two systems running and only one has stopped so they can still work but would like them both running again.

I am asuming that the duplicate keys are licensing issues? but nothing has been changed (so i am told) from when it was working to when it isnt.

VSIFAX version = 3
OS = Unixware 7.1.3 (i think)

I have root access but only from dialing in over modem...

any help would be useful

thanks

I've never had VSIFAX running on more than 1 machine operating on the same network, so I don't know if it's able to detect and complain about a duplicate license.

You can get licensing information on each server with this command:

# vfxadmin license -l

"Proof that there is intelligent life in Oregon. Well, Life anyway.

thanks for the help motoslide,

it is something that works as it has been working in th past, it seemed to just stop working one day.

to be honest im not fully understood on the setup, i was originaly under the impression that it was the live server sending the faxes to the backup server that then sent them out (as the live server had no serial ports for the modem)...

but aparantly they have 2 modems and fax twice as much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back