Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VSAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretin

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
US
I put this here because I was not sure where else to put it. We have an issue with VSAM. We are running on VSE/ESA. We have some files that are not defined as big enough. The code we are using is as follows:

* DELETE PROD.CYCLE1.RECORDS
// EXEC IDCAMS,SIZE=AUTO
DELETE PROD.CYCLE1.RECORDS -
CLUSTER PRG -
CAT(VSAM.USER.WORKPR USR100)
/*
/. DEF
* DEFINE PROD.CYCLE1.RECORDS
// EXEC IDCAMS,SIZE=AUTO
DEFINE CLUSTER ( -
NAME(PROD.CYCLE1.RECORDS ) -
NIXD -
FILE(PROD.0001) -
FOR(0) -
RECSZ(900 900) -
SPEED -
SHR(2) -
CYL(2650 50) -
NOREUSE -
VOLUMES(WORK01 WORK02 WORK03) ) -
DATA ( -
NAME(PROD.CYCLE1.RECORDS.@DATA) -
CISZ (6144) ) -
CAT(VSAM.USER.WORKPR USR100)

We have 2 issues. The first is it will not let us define CYL (cylindars at more than 2650 even though according to the LISRCAT report we have enough space.

The second issue is we define 3 volumes. When we do it writes to the first 2 volumes but crashes when iut tries to write to the 3rd volume even though there is enough space.

Any assistance wwould be appreciated.

Cretin

In case anyone was interested I think I found the solution. We had the allocations defined as CYL(2650 50). 2650 is the primary allocation. The problem with that is 2650 is the maximum number of cylinders on a 3380. Therefore if a volume jas anything at all on it it will not write to it. I changed the allocation to 800 400 and it loaded 800,000 records more which should be enough.

Cretin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back