Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS8 and spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1kew1lson

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2003
US
anyone found a way to test this new unwanted programs policy component I'm trying to find online a page with any of the programs listed in recent dats, and can't find any..

I haven't got a list but I've got client computers that get a lot of spyware. I've deployed 8.0i to a select group and last night (do a nightly on demand scan), a ton of spyware was supposedly cleaned off one computer.

Some of the programs deleted:

Adware-keenValue
Adware-DFC
Adware-Searchcentrix
Adware-memWatcher
Adware-Statblaster
Adware-BHO.gen
Adware-Apropos
Adware-SaveNow
Adware-Ezula
Adware-BetterInet
Adware-TopMoxie
Adware-POP.dldr
Downloader-KL

Maybe that will give you something to look forward to.

I'm just curious how this feature compares to a standalone like spybot or adware.

That's a good question....I've got it loaded on a computer that I tested yesterday with both Adaware and Spybot and it's finding a lot of crap that didn't apparently those two products didn't find.

Adaware and Spybot together cleaned the popups but apparently didn't find everything.

Maybe it's going to be one of those deals like comparing Spybot and Adaware where you run one and it finds spyware or adware then run the other and it finds more the other didn't find.

bfralia,

How did you get the report that shows what the last on-demand scan found (regarding Spyware?)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back