Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS reset 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

David87

Vendor
Sep 5, 2010
US
I purchased a used VS 5 which works great except the seller left all the old messages in the mail boxes and AA prompts. I have been through all 274 pages of the VS 5 installation and programming guide and don't see a way to reinitialize the whole VS system. Is there a way to reset without having to do each box one at a time?

I take it I must have asked for a secret password. My apology, that was not my intent. I thought there would be a publicly available code to reset the system since you can reset it box by box.

There is a way to default the voicemail, but I'm not sure if it's something that is given out (kinda like passwords). [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

If you do some searching on the forum, you may find a thread that has covered that info previously. Have checked the VS documents thoroughly?

....JIM....

I went over the docs for about 1/2 hr and the only concrete thing I can find is the 989 RESET command to restart with a save all settings. I did not go into the maintenance specials so it might be hidden in there because I know that it is somewhere. I read about it in one of the manuals because nobody told me about it when I had to do one and it is the same procedure for Messaging as well.
That might help you too as I don't want to put something here that is not publicly available.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

I finally found it by typing into the support websites search: Partner Mail VS: How to initiate a System Reset/Clear to erase all the programming

Document Id: KB01039449
Last Modified Date: 11-05-2008
Support Goal(s): Partner Mail VS
Access Level: Public

Programming

To reset the Partner Mail VS system and return all programming to factory defaults:

Press [ Intercom ] [ 7 ] [ 7 ] [ 7]
Enter Login (Press [ 9 ] [ 9 ] [ # ] )
Enter Password and press [ # ]
Press [ 9 ]
Press 989-CLEAR [ 9 ] [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 2 ] [ 5] [ 3 ] [ 2 ] [ 7 ]

So now I can sleep better tonight because I did not tell you anything I could not search for and was helpful.

This is the same procedure for pretty much all Avaya SMB voicemails btw

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Thanks Westi,

I understand why some PBX/KSU passwords are secret but I had never known voice mail resets to be secret. This will sure beat resetting boxes and AA's one by one. A well deserved star!!!

thanks for the stars I can use them, I am not a lot here lately, working about 60hrs a week and don't have time during work hours any more to mill around here :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back