Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS.NET no "design view" when reopening files...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nstouffer

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
US
Has anyone had this problem?
If you are working in VS.net, I've got some .aspx files open and i can toggle between design/html view. But I went to duplicate this file, and did a "Save As", and typed in a new name. Well, form1.aspx closed and form2.aspx the "save as" file is now up. I went to reopen the original form1.aspx and it opens, but it won't allow me to toggle it back to design view... What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

ns: I've only recently moved to an SQL Server using Visual Studio.NET but have seen a similar problem. My general rule of thumb is to 'not' copy web forms and re-create them from scratch -- perhaps the code-behind page is not made or made insufficiently; registration not carried out, something not done -- though one would think if the option to copy is there it'd work trouble free.

I had the same problem... IT's not a problem to fix...

In html view of new file, Make sure the top line references the right file name... Then in the code behind file, make sure the
Puc Class PageName
is the right page name...

then it should work fine... I do that all the time...

If you try to Build it, It will probably give you that line as an error since it excists twice...

Just my experience...

--James
junior1544@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

See this
FIX: Data Loss When You Switch View in WebForm Designer
SYMPTOMS
When you change the view of a WebForm from HTML view to Design view, some or all of the controls on the WebForm disappear.
RESOLUTION
NOTE: The package does not prompt you to restart your computer, however, you must restart your computer after you apply this update.

A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to computers that are experiencing this specific problem. This fix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, Microsoft recommends that you wait for the next Visual Studio .Net service pack that contains this fix.

Forms/Controls Resizing/Tabbing Control
Compare Code (Text)
Generate Sort Class in VB or VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back