Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS.NET 'Add New Data Source' typed DataSet error

Status
Not open for further replies.

awilkins

Programmer
Aug 25, 2009
US
Good morning. I am hoping an experienced developer can help with a question regarding the use of Visual Studio (VS) with Gupta SQLBase. I am using Gupta version 9.0.1 with VS 2008. When I click on the 'Data' menu in VS, and then 'Add New Data Source', I proceed to create a strongly-typed DataSet as with any other database provider. However, while the code (in this case, C#) is being generated, the following error is reported by VS:

"Some updating commands could not be generated automatically. The database returned the following error: Dynamic SQL generation is not supported against a SelectCommand that does not return any base table information."

When I acknowledge this error I get another one: "Failed to add relation(s): Table has not been created"

I get these errors regardless of which table I select as the source for my DataSet.

Can anyone please let me know (1) if there is a solution to this in version 9.0.1, and if not (2) do later versions have this problem, too?

Thanks,
Ashton

What connectivity to SQLBase are you using ? Can you see any of the tables in SQLBase dB at any stage, and if so , maybe its an ownership problem i.e. Maybe you need to grant rights ( viz who created the tables ) The default for SQLBase is SYSADM.(tablename) - so you may need to specify this in your app.
Can you query any of the tables outside of VS eg with SQLTalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back