Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS/IIS - Connection could not be established

Status
Not open for further replies.

croydon

Programmer
Apr 30, 2002
EU
I am using Visual Studio.NET and Windows XP Professional.

When I opened my .NET project yesterday, for some reason, I received the message:

"Unable to open web project 'parking'. Unable to validate that the file path 'C:\Inetpub\ matches the URL path ' A connection with the server could not be established......"

I have no idea why this should occur although I installed some Windows updates downloaded from the web.

I notice also that " in IE gives me "This page cannot be displayed".

I have re-installed IIS and the NET Framework but this has not rectified the problem. The security for the Default Website has Anonymous Access and Integrated Windows Authentication both checked and there is an application name specified.

I also created a test application (a simple form with a label) and the problem also appears there.

Any help would be appreciated.

One year later.....

I am experiensing the same problem with VS and Windows Server 2003 while trying to open a .NET project on Win2K client.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!!!

In my case (a year ago), I spent several days trying to resolve the problem without success. As I was making a living from programming with ASP.NET I could not waste any more time, so I re-installed XP Pro, VS.Net, Office, etc and had the system back up and running within a day.

I never did find out what caused the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back