Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS 2015 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvannoy

MIS
May 4, 2001
US
I'm running VS 2015 Pro with SP2 on a windows 7 64 bit box.

I've noticed when I have larger sized forms switching back and forth from markup to design view sometime takes up to 30-40 seconds or even longer. I am running the Telerik Ajax UI for asp.net and also the Ajax control tool kit.

everything runs fine except when the forms get somewhat large. maybe 20 drop downs, 25 text boxes. is this normal ? I don't remember this issue happening in VS 2010.

any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

thanks

Have you tried clearing out %temp%

yes I have.

the problem seems to be on forms with lots of controls, maybe 40+ controls, if I make changes in the markup and go back to design view that's when I notice the performance issues. working with everything else in VS is fine.

Is this in debug or release mode? Do you have "show threads in source" switched on?

it's basically when I'm bouncing back and forth from markup to design view. The machine i'm working on is a VM. I'm kind of surprised a little that this is happening. it only happens on large forms with 30+ controls on it.

30+ controls on a page is quite a bit. The the issue is that it is on a VM. A VM will always have some lag time.

Since VS2010, VS has been running slowly, esp on VMs and netbooks. Have you tried giving the VM more memory and one more core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back