Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VS 2003 C# .net debugger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JScannell

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
I try running my app in VS 2003 and get this error:

Publisher policy file is not found

yet the application works fine if I move the .dlls and .aspx files into my development server environment.

This seems to be a problem associated with running my app in the VS 2003 debugger.

Here's the entire error display (note that line 51 displays in red on the screen):

Parser Error Message: File or assembly name ActiveReports.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

Source Error:

Line 49: </compilation>
Line 50: <httpHandlers>
Line 51: <add verb="*" path="*.ArCacheItem" type="DataDynamics.ActiveReports.Web.Handlers.WebCacheAccessHandler, ActiveReports.Web, Version=3.2.1.1978, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc4967777c49a3ff" />
Line 52: <add verb="*" path="*.Rpx" type="DataDynamics.ActiveReports.Web.Handlers.RpxHandler, ActiveReports.Web, Version=3.2.1.1978, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc4967777c49a3ff" />
Line 53: <add verb="*" path="*.ActiveReport" type="DataDynamics.ActiveReports.Web.Handlers.CompiledReportHandler, ActiveReports.Web, Version=3.2.1.1978, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc4967777c49a3ff" />

Source File: C:\SharpTFS\Main\Source\InvestorDataExtract\InvestorDataExtract\web.config Line: 51

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ActiveReports.Web' could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = ActiveReports.Web, Version=3.2.1.1978, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc4967777c49a3ff
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/SharpTFS/Main/Source/InvestorDataExtract
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file (C:\winnt\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.

Jerry Scannell

was the application written in .net 2.0+? if so you cannot debug or view the code in VS 2003. you would need VS2005 - VS 2010.

were the binaries on the server built in debug or release mode? there are minor differences between the two, but this may play a role in whether you can debug the assembly or not.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Jason,

The project was written in .net 1.1.4322

My symptoms have morphed now that I was informed to copy the bin directory in the project folder up to the home page folder. Nobody said anything about that before!!

Now I have a debugging problem. If I try to do a F5 I get a popup that tells me: "Unable to find project on the Web server...."

I've checked and rechecked and the csproj file is in the folder:
So what is the debugger looking for?

Thanks,

Jerry Scannell

I'm not entirely sure.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search