Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VRT Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
Currently using VRT tables to block unwanted calls and harassing calls into my call center. Is there a way to automate this without managers having to contact out telecom department to block a number and we have to manually add the number into the table.

Ideally I would like to set-up a VDN and a Vector they they can call and play an announcement to add a number to the blocked list and once they press option from this announcement the vector can collect that number and then write it to the VRT table.

That would be nice, but I'm not aware of anything that will do that.

The end is near!

Check with your provider as they may already have a tool you can use. I know I do with Level 3.

Check if you can do 'if Ani = AA' or AB

Maybe you could make 1 vector to define global variables and run the calls thru a few ridiculous vectors of 'if ani=aa' and then ab ac ad etc drop if you match on any of those.

It would be a tedious vector and a horrible use of variables, but it could work. Until the pbx reboots. You'd need them to keep the list, run it thru you and update the default variable assignment to persist thru reboots if you can compare Ani to variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back