Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPO opcdbsetup error: Separate Database Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

manza

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2001
ES
Hello.
I'm trying to install ITO using a separate Database Server System. When I try to execute opcdbsetup on DataBase server, I receive tis error:
"ITO database configuration script opcdbsetup.
Called on Tue Oct 16 15:46:08 MET DST 2001.
ERROR: Your LANG setting C is not compatible with the Oracle database charset WE8ISO8859P1 specified.Please rerun command with proper LANG settting."
I've checked that:
1.- All Oracle products are installed on both servers (Manager and DataBase)
2.- ITO has been installed suscessfully on the manager server
3.- I've exported /opt/OV; /etc/opt/OV; /var/opt/OV from manager to DataBase server
4.- I've created opc_op user and opcgrp group on Database server.
5.- I've mounted the file systems on Database server.
6.- I've modified ovoracle file on Database server with NLS_LANG=american_america.WE8ISO8859P1
7.- LANG=C
Someone can help me?
Thank you.

Hi there manza,

I've never done this - so I went to

and found this section on setting environment variables

Copy the following scripts that control automatic database startup from the ITO management server to the database server:
/etc/rc.config.d/ovoracle
/sbin/init.d/ovoracle

On the database server, link the files:
ln -s /sbin/init.d/ovoracle /sbin/rc2.d/K060ov900
ln -s /sbin/init.d/ovoracle /sbin/rc3.d/S940ov300

Add the values for ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, and NLS_LANG to /etc/rc.config.d/ovoracle:

export ORACLE_HOME=/u01/home/dba/oracle/product/<version>

where <version> is the version of the Oracle database you have installed; for example, 8.0.6 or 8.1.6.

export ORACLE_SID=openview
export NLS_LANG=american_america.WE8ISO8859P1

It doesn't mention LANG, is there some reason you have specified that? Have you tried it with LANG not set? (you can unset it with LANG='') Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

Hi, Mike.
I've done all of your suggestions: when I installed the product I used the book &quot;HP Openview VantagePoint Operations for UNIX Installation Guide&quot;. The points are the same as yours.
The reason why I specified LANG is because when you install ITO you have to do it (LANG=C). However, I have tested with LANH=&quot;&quot;, with LANG=en_US, with LANG=iso... and so on, and always have the same problem.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled ITO again an I have the same problem.
Thank you,

Miguel,

Have you tried moving the database to the other server manually? (using the Oracle utilities exp and imp) Mike
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

I've found that the problem was about authorizations. When you export from magager server to DB server, root from DB server doesn't have all the authorizations needed to execute /opt/OV/bin/OpC/opcdbsetup and all the programs called by it.
So, the only solutions I have found is to give authorizations to these programs and files to &quot;others&quot;

Ok - well, that's irritating, but you got it to work at least. Thx for posting your answer. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back