Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPNremote R.2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

chkbrt

MIS
Apr 4, 2006
US
Has anyone setup vpnremote r.2 with non supported IPSEC vpn device? The docs show that these are the only 3rd party devices that are supported:

Cisco VPN Gateways:
VPN 3000 Series
PIX 500 Series
NetScreen/Juniper VPN Gateways:
NS Series
SSG Series
ISG Series

Thanks for any info.

I have it working against an Intermate TrustGate 5/31.
Please look in previous thread for description :)

Anyone ever gotten it working on a NetGear VPN Firewall (business-grade of course)...

Kris G.

I was told that the VPNremote will only work with Communication Manager systems only, not IP Offices. Can someone confirm this ?

Thanks

I would stay away from netgear business grade firewalls. Lots of issues getting them to work properly.

the fvx538 I think was one we ran into that even the netgear user form was not very nice about.

Yeah, its just I already have them.... Oh, and CHKBRT, we've confirmed it works. Its not "supported" yet (big difference), but it works. The VPN part of the phone is unrelated to the platform, as the VPN software just establishes the connection. Once connected, the actual phone software connects to the PBX and since those model phones are supported.........

Hope this helps...

Kris G.

Can anyone provide a general overview of installing the VPN software to the phone and what exactly the VPN PHONE enablement license does. My understanding is the license is not a typical IP license that matches to a dongle. Or maybe I don't even need the license.

Assume that I have a compatible VPN gateway on the IP Office host location and just a 46xx series phone on the remote end.

You need a license to run the phone for more than 30 days, the license is installed on a webserver running WebLM.

VPNRemote should work on any IPSec VPN Gateway, the "supported" only has specific settings in the phones configuration.

Do you still need WebLM if you are trying to set this up on an IP Office?

Yes, WebLM holds the license for the VPNRemote software, it has nothing to do with what PBX you are connecting to.

We're getting it to work on IP Office with NO WebLM Server.... therefore no license neccesary. If we don't give the phone a WebLM server address, it doesn't ask for one, and it doesn't say that it'll only work for 30 days...

Is this working as designed, or an Avaya 'oops' ?

If you're using the latest software you'll see it trying to find a WebLM for a sort while during bootup, and after 15 days it will start to warn the it will expire after XX days.
And after a while it will stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back