Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN3015 inter VPN routing capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog32

MIS
Apr 10, 2002
GB
Hi,

Does anyone know whether these boxes can route between VPN tunnels without requiring external routing. The product documentation says it dynamically updates it's routing tables with all VPN tunnels and that the box itself is capable of performing a routing process. However, I'm receiving conflicting information from other sources about whether it can route internally between the tunnels or not. Is anyone doing this? Does any know whether it can or not?

Cheers,
Maddog.

I use the VPN3005 and run everything through an external router. When looking at the configuration you can create static routes, so that might be an option for you. In my routing table however I only have a default route and a router for each the inside and outside interface, not for a connected VPN tunnel that is currently connected.
*J*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back