Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN works Dialup but not LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

controlman

Vendor
Jul 3, 2002
US
I have a couple of VPN connections set up. Both work under two conditions: I can use a dialup account (BellSouth) and the VPN will connect. I can use a cable-modem account (RoadRunner), and it works fine, too. (The RoadRunner account uses a LinkSys BEFSR11 router).
But I've been unable to get it to work on a 128K fractional-T1. This connection goes through a Netopia R5320 router (V4.8.2 firmware), and I have disabled *ALL* filters on the router, so everything should be passing through.
I can use both VPN connections on Roadrunner or dialup, but neither one will work on the fractional-T1. Is it possible that the T1 carrier is doing something to block VPN from going through? I can PING the VPN host fine, and the VPN connection gets started, but it hangs on "Verifying User Name and Password", then gives an Error 619 (The specified port is not connected"). The R5320 is not set up to answer incoming VPN, but perhaps there is something I need to do to make it pass the VPN through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back