Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN works.. can't access router config from WAN. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulluz

Technical User
Jun 14, 2002
PR
I have this small network, where I have managed to configure a VPN. I have opened port 80 and redirected incomming requests to my LAN server, of course... if it is the way to do it. I have also opened HTTP port (I think this is the actual problem) to be able to log into Outlook Web Access.

The problem is the following: After all that, I cannot connect to my router from WAN unless I log onto my VPN and then search it through it's local LAN IP. I had been asigned a second publick IP (may be to prevent this), but doesn't know how to get it onto the router, if it could be done. But, so far.. we do can log into VPN and see our mail, but the router WAN access is gone (same IP of the router, is the IP redirected to everything I said before).

So, how could I setup the router in a way that it could handle two public IP's?

My Network:

Dell PowerEdge 600SC
1 NIC conneted to a switch (Dell PowerConnect 2024)
The Switch connected to a router (SIEMENS se5940)
A shrunk 128k "T1" permanent connection
MS Small Business Server 2000 running, with ISA Server and Exchange Server running as well.
DHCP Running and I think WINS is running too. DNS running also.

Please help! I will be sending some "Lechon Asao" for christmas! ;)

Draytek can have at least two IPs, at least the 2600 can, which i have some experience with. In fact any router that supports true NAT can have more than one IP, because that's what NAT is all about...

So, how could I setup a secondary IP in my router? I'm not that good in this area, and my router doesn't have that much of information (it was provided by the ISP). Should I contact the ISP for that?

Thanks again!

To begin with, how about providing the exact brand and model of the router?

Siemmens se5940

It is a router with a 4 switch ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back