Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN with Pipeline 75 Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to set up a VPN with a Lucent (Ascend) Pipeline 75 Router which is using NAT. I would like to use PPTP, but it seems as though this is not possible with this router. Anyone know anything about this router?

If IPsec is the only way to go then I will. I have enabled the secure Firewall and 56bit encription in the router. Will Windows 2000 work as a client to tunel to this router. I have a Windows 2000 server on the local network. Does RRAS authenticate or the Router. Lucent sells a IPSec Client that works on NT and 98. If I buy this is this all I need to do VPN. For up to say 5 inbound connections.

I would rather use PPTP because I have set it up before using NT and the remote users would not need any other software to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back