Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN with newer Linksys routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism1

MIS
Sep 9, 2002
US

We have created site to site vpn's between our pic 501/506 and remote Linksys BEFVP41 routers without any special setup issues.

IPSEC
3DES
MD5

We've recently bumped into issues where we cannot establish a vpn from our pix's to newer model Linksys units WRV54G and RV042.

I gotta be missing something.

Thanks

Can you share with me your configuration for how you did the BEFVP41 and the Pix? I'm trying to do a Pix 515 to a BEFVP41 and just now got a tunnel connected, but I am struggling with the ACL's to route traffic between the two.

Best,
Andy

I can connect my Linksys BEFVP41 to my companies PIX 515E, but having DNS problems, we normally use 501, but for the price I'm trying to get these linksys working properly. I can ping and surf via Ip but not NetBios name.

are you using a 9x workgroup or NT4 enviroment ?

if it's 2000+ you should be using Inturnal DNS

can some one post the pix side config for the pix to the linksys config

I'm having trouble establishing a VPN link between a 506E and a wrv54G (as well). I can see the tunnel show up on the home page of the PDM (IKE Tunnels - 1), but that goes away after about 5 minutes (I guess a timeout period), but the Linksys shows "Waiting to Connect". I hope someone figures this one out, its killing me.

Kris G.

I've had the same problem with the WRV54G, but was able to connect when I changed the TCP/IP config on the WRV54G. Because the routers default to 192.168.1.x you get conflict between the two or more networks. In the Linksys router change the 1 to another number (ie: 192.168.21.x).

I did that. My other network is 192.168.2.x (on the Linksys). Pix is 192.168.1.x.

Kris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back