Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN using IPSEC, crypto map: Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasser

Technical User
Jul 31, 2007
GB
Hi all,
Below is the configuration for a VPN that i have constructed on our network.

access-list 66 permit ip 195.224.52.0 255.255.255.224 165.44.132.0 255.255.255.0
crypto ipsec transform-set BOA esp-3des esp-sha-hmac
crypto map BOA 166 ipsec-isakmp
crypto map BOA 166 match address 66
crypto map BOA 166 set pfs group2
crypto map BOA 166 set peer 171.192.4.30
crypto map BOA 166 set transform-set BOA
crypto map BOA interface outside
isakmp enable outside
isakmp key ******** address 171.192.4.30 netmask 255.255.255.255
isakmp identity address
isakmp keepalive 2880
isakmp policy 203 authentication pre-share
isakmp policy 203 encryption 3des
isakmp policy 203 hash sha
isakmp policy 203 group 2
isakmp policy 203 lifetime 86400

The issue I am having is that we are trying to put in place a failover VPN for this. all the settings will be the same but will be coming from a different location.

I added another set peer line with the new IP address amnd another isakmp key for the new address.
When I put this in place, the failover works but the original VPN stops working, when I take these two lines out the original VPN works again. Can anyone help as to y this is happening. I thought I could add multiple peers and give the peer a different key but its seems to take over the VPN. Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Regards all

You can't have 2 site-to-site vpn tunnels that have the same remote network. Such as if both remotes have the same internal subnet it isnt possible unless you configure outside nat.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply. Please can you clarify when you say i need to configure the outside nat.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back