Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN using Dyn dns on sonicwall TZ170

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orblivian

Technical User
Nov 27, 2001
BE
Hello,

I have to commit, I'm a vpn/firewall dummy, but I do my best to read a lot about similar problems and how to's.

We have following configuration :

Internet <--> Sonicwall TZ170 <--> 3Com Officeconnect <--> Domaincontroller (w2003) and workstations.

We would like to create a vpn connection between a laptop somewhere on the internet and the Domaincontroller to share files. The broadband connection is Cable and we don't have a dynamic ip address for anything. So I read that using dynamic dns we could create a vpn tunnel between 2 pc's without having a fix address. We have licenses and soft from our Sonicwall appliance to create 1 tunnel for a remote worker, but I can't find anything how to set up the dynamic dns. As I'm a dummy, I have no idea what the best options are or where to start.
If anyone has some great articles about this or has the similar situation, feel free to contact me.

Thx.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back