Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN - TZ 170 > Linksys DSL Modem to 1260 Pro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilwuk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2006
GB
Hi Gurus,

Looking for a little help here... I have a remote user with a linksys adsl modem/ router and need to connect them to the office which has a 1260 Pro (enhanced). I have a TZ 170 (standard) to put at the remote location.

My question is can i just plug the TZ 170 into the linksys modem/ Router and create a link to the 1260 Pro without messing with the linksys box? In other words... once i have entered all the VPN settings can or will it just 'plug and play'? I dont want to start messing with peoples modems etc.

Is there any documentation on this subject? I'm struggling to find it if there is.

Thanks

Neil

A little bit more information is required:

What type of internet access is at the remote user's end?

What model is the Linksys?

Is there a static public IP address at remote user's end?

But this may help:

If it is DSL at the remote end then you will put the Linksys in bridge mode, configure the TZ170 with NAT with PPPoE on the WAN interface and enter DSL login credentials. If you have a static IP address at the remote end then you can easily setup the VPN in main mode to the 1260. If you have a dynamic address at the remote end you will need to use Aggressive mode with Peer IDs.

hope this helps,

Oscar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back