Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN tunnel created but can't log into NT network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanson

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
I have a Sonicwall and set up the GLobal VPN client on my home system (Win98). The tunnel is created, and I can log into Exchange email. However, I don't get prompted for a network login and hence cannot browse the network.

Is there a way to get a network login prompt? I have changed the workgroup to match the domain and set up Client service with quick login.

I don't know if this means anything, but I am getting an internal DHCP address for the VPN adapter and all DNS and WINS addresses. The only thing I'm missing is the gateway address, which is blank. I think it's supposed to be that way.

Hanson

I'm having a similar problem as you. I can login and authenticated, but I'm unable to browse the lan and the login script doesn't work. PCAnywhere does work, but just for the RAS server, I can't see anything beyond that.

I'll let you know if I find anything,

StillLearning

AlwaysLearning25

I got it to work. First, you need to log into the domain you are trying to browse into. Although you will get an error stating it can't connect to the domain controller on Win9X, just say OK to log in anyway. This will apparently cache your network auth info, because you will be able to browse the network after you auth the VPN connection. You will need to run the login script manually to map the drives. You don't need to match up the network login with the VPN login.

Also, you need to have File Sharing installed on Win9X remotes to browse the network.

Also, I can PCAnywhere to any host system once the tunnel is made. I'm not sure what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back