Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Tunnel between Cisco 2611 and Intel Firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

gturrubi

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2003
US
I have a problem where one of our vendors has a VPN tunnel setup for them to receive FTP files from us over a secure VPN tunnel. On our side we have a Cisco 2611 and on their side they have an older Intel Firewall? We changed ISP's so our external IP range changed and they had to change their external addresses per say. One thing that happened when trouble shooting was that they changed their crypto key and then we had to change ours, now the tunnel shuts down every 4 hours. We then have to shut the E0/0 interface pointing to them and then bring it back up and all if fine.

I cleared the SA's and isakmp but the problem still exists. Any Ideas, I need to fix this quickly.

Thanks

Your timeouts on either phase 1 or phase 2 of the tunnel are different. This is a common problem. Recheck that the parameters are the same. By default, I believe phase 1 is 86400 and phase 2 is also 86400. Remember that your isakmp timeout is phase 1 and the ipsec timeout is phase 2.

If you do a sh crypto isakmp you will see the phase 1 status. You want that to be QM_IDLE.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back