Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN-tunnel between 2 ASA5505 boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

majbom

Technical User
Jan 11, 2012
DK
Hi forum

I'm very new to this VPN-stuff and from Denmark, so please bear with me and my bad english.

I have 2 ASA5505 boxes with a vpn tunnel between which works as long as both routers are behind a static ip-address, but now the one needs to be moved to a place where it's not possible to get static ip (thanks BT) - and i can't get it to work.

I've tried to set peer ip address to dynamic in the connection on the one router, but it doesn't make any difference.
If I use the dynamically given ip address it works fine.

Are there any other settings that i need to change for the vpn tunnel to work

TIA

Post your scrubbed configs.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Hi unclerico, thanks for your response...

But already here I need your help - how do I find that for you? It's not possible to connect via console cable to the one behind dynamic ip...

Thanks

Thats ok, just go ahead and post the config from the device with the static.

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)

And how do I get that? I've the done whole setup through asdm...

Connect with putty and a console cable. Set Putty to log printable output, login, issue the command sh run and copy the contents of the log file here. Be sure you change usernames, passwords, and any public IP addresses before posting.

Thanks! I'll try that on monday, when I am back at my job... have a nice weekend :)

You may also be able to telnet (if you have allowed this) to the device and capture the config from that.

I didn't find a solution.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back