Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN to work firewall works but RDP does not

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclav

Programmer
Oct 29, 2007
GB
Hi
Sorry if I cant give any good information but this really is not my area. My techie guys seem to have given up trying to fix this issue and i am ment to be doing wrk from home at midnight tonight.
From home I can connect the vpn to the fire wall and I think it is one of the servers i successfully connected so using Remote desk top but it does not conect to my pc.
Is there any thing that i could mention to the techie guys to give them some idea what the problems is?
Sorry this is so vague.
Malcav

tell your techi guys to use the remote access solution called wallcooler from Works very well with Microsoft Remote Desktop connection.

They can install it on your computer in the office (or any other computer there), you install it on you computer at home. Very easy to install, create your login, sign-in on both computers.

Upon successful login, you will have a list of tools in wallcooler among which you will have one for RDC. Just click on it and it will connect you via Remote Desktop Connection to your office computer with hassle. It also give you remote access for other remote resources such as files and servers since wallcooler provide VPN features.

Could be too late for midnight few days ago, but not for the next time you need to work from home.

Also you tech guys need to forward your PC IP address to port 3389 in the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back