Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN to PIX506e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2002
US
I'm trying to connect from home to the office through a PIX506e using the Cisco VPN client 3.6.1. I've been connecting fine for months using my Dell laptop running XP Pro. Now I'm trying to connect from my Dell PC running XP Home. I have both systems plugged into the same home network. The laptop connects in seconds. The PC will timeout and say "remote peer not responding". I've imported the vpn connection config from the laptop and it still won't connect. I've tried it with the laptop offline, so it's not the number of concurrent connections.

Cisco's documentation for simple VPN configurations leaves a lot to be desired.

Is there anything I've got to setup to be able to have multiple VPN clients connect?

I don't think it's a pre-share issue since I've changed the preshare and was still able to connect with the laptop.

Here's the VPN section out of my PIX:

isakmp key ******** address 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0
isakmp identity address
isakmp policy 10 authentication pre-share
isakmp policy 10 encryption des
isakmp policy 10 hash md5
isakmp policy 10 group 2
isakmp policy 10 lifetime 86400
vpngroup vpn3000 address-pool vpnpool
vpngroup vpn3000 dns-server DC1
vpngroup vpn3000 wins-server DC1
vpngroup vpn3000 default-domain imnotshowingthis.com
vpngroup vpn3000 split-tunnel 100
vpngroup vpn3000 idle-time 1800
vpngroup vpn3000 password ********
vpngroup vp3000 idle-time 1800

Aaaaah, can you say "Smartnet"? :) Sorry guy, but I think Cisco support would probably be your best bet. Cisco TAC online has lots of free info, you might try there...

Sorry I can't help.

Cisco TAC Online is the first place I look at for Cisco issues. I thought I'd run the issue past other users before I call Cisco to be told that it's not an issue with their product.

Sorry about that - should have guessed you'd know about cisco tac (both calling and their site)

I hope someone is able to help - If I could, I would.

-Roger Scratch that - it's all smoke and mirrors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back