Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Through AOL 7.0 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsy

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
US
I just setup a CISCO 3015 concentrator. I can connect with other ISP's I have tried. I could not get connected with AOL 7.0. I downgraded to AOL6.0, this worked. Since then, I have been browing around the INTERNET and have found tons of articles relating to AOL not working well with VPN's, or results being unpredictable. Is this problem inherent to AOL? Is there a way around, other than switching to other ISP?

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with AOL 7.0. I've contacted AOL and their techs indicated they don't support running AOL over VPN. Previous to AOL 7.0, using AOL 6.0, my VPN connection worked flawlessly for 3 months, then I began getting "blue screen of death" when connecting. HW Mfr. indicated this is problem with AOL 6.0 and recommended moving to AOL 7.0. Have done this. However, now I can ping my servers, can load one application in IE but can't get to any others. This seems to be inherent with AOL. Erol's appears to work fine. Looks like AOL may lose a few more customers. Not that they care.

My AOL would automatically exit as soon as I get authenticated by Cisco's VPN client. I can't believe AOL does not care about this.

I have tested AOL 7.0 with the Citrix ICA client and it works fine. I did however never was able to get 6.0 to work with VPN. Hwever, we only use Microsofts VPN client and Connection Manager to connect to our Cisco VPN 3000 not the actual Cisco client. From doing some research on AOL 7.0, it installs a ton network protocols. Here is a link, it is number 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back