Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN SPEED EXTREAMLY SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil8

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
Greetings,

We have a Windows XP Client computers that are trying to login to a Windows Server in another city for file access. Our ISP is broadband fiber and pretty fast, faster than the broadband cable we recently replaced. We are also using a SonicWall firewall. The users are using Shrew Soft vpn client 2.1.7. All three of the clients are slow, but one (the first one the client was installed on) is agonizing slow. So slow she doesn't even want to use it.

Once disconnected this pc will still be slow accessing our local Windows SBS 2003 unless I delete the map to the remote server.

If anyone has any tips to address these two issues I'd be really appreciated.

I did a regedit on the affected pc. The initial testing seems to be good, but I'm monitoring it to make sure. If this is the solution it was because packets were fragmenting after 1464bytes. The default MTU in winxp is 1480. I'm hoping I fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back