Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbtransport

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2008
US
I'm sure this has already been discussed on here but I can't seem to find something that meets our needs. I have a domain network setup at my house and would like to connect our office and house together. For security reasons the servers are stationed at the house. I've been toying with types to get this going and already got a Static IP assigned at the house. If I don't need that it is no big deal to get rid of it. But what I want the connection to be like is when someone sits down at the office computer they sign in just as they would at the house domain. I'm not sure what all is involved else with getting all this setup. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also the main thing I would like to accomplish would be for users to use printers, network services, programs, servers,etc. just the same at either location.

a simple pptp windows vpn type connection would suit this perfectly , no need for any hardware what Os/routers are you using ?

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

My servers are running Windows Server 2008. The routers are just what our Internet provider gave us. One is a 2Wire at the house and at the office is a Westell 7300. Do I need to look into getting new routers?

if they do not allow vpn connectivity then yes , We utilise Drayteck Vigor 2520 these are bomb proof , there are plenty other routers out there that will do the job but i have never had a problem with the draytecks they are user friendly to configure and the support is really good.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back