Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2775

IS-IT--Management
Nov 3, 2003
IN
I have a small office with broadband connection, We have 3 pc's runining Windows XP pro and are conected to the internet using the broadband router.

My problem is have few users who travel and want to access the these 3 PC's. Can any one help me out, in going about this.

thanks
dd2775

As no-one else has replied with a better solution...

You could replace your broadband router with a Draytek 2800 VPN ADSL Router/Firewall at a cost of around £130. This has the ability to terminate a number of VPN pipes, with user authentication. The users would connect to the router through the internet using the Microsoft PPTP VPN (Connect to... -> Network at my workplace -> using virtual private networking). Once connected they could access their PCs almost as if on the office LAN (but far slower).

I'm not an expert on this device but it was recommended to for a similar purpose. I was able to set it up relatively easily using my ISP welcome letter (connection info) and the documentation supplied with the router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back