Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Setup w/ Enterprise 2003 & Standard Ed. 2003 DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2005
US
So, what I am trying to do is set up a VPN server on a machine with Enterprise 2003 on it. The setup is currently a DC running Standard Ed, which is used as our file server and database mgmt server. Being the database it always in use, it is important that nothing happens to it. (I am in a manufacturing plant).

Anyway, On the Enterprise edition server, I have 2 NIC's. One is configured to look only on our internal network, while the other has the gateway. I had this working at one time, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was forced to get a different machine for a server. (This is what happens when your bosses don't know that much about technology). So as the story goes, I have gone from just joining the domain, to using the Active Directory on the DC. Pretty much everything I can think of.

What I am looking to do is this:
- Set up the VPN to allow other employees from a remote loaction into our network.
- When connected, they need to be able to connect to our database using a program called Vantage.
- They need to be able to find a MAC Address for a license server for a CAD program.

If ANYONE could give me some help, I'd appreciate it. I'm no dummy at this stuff, but for some reason, I've played with this for 2 weeks and I can't find the answer.

Thanks in Advance
Jeremy - Quala-Die Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back