Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN setup - HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechInNeed

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a vpn connection between two of my offices. The relationship is a server to server one. That is, no interaction is required from clients other than a "Route Add" command that exists in the startup folder.

Setup: Office A = Main office with VPN server
Office B = Secondary office (does the dial-in)

I would like to know if I can have a "client to server" and a "server to server" relationship exist at the same time. That is, both of my offices can communicate by means of the server to server relationship, but would it be possible to also setup a client to vpn into my main office as well without breaking the vpn connection? If it is possible, how?

Should be.

What are you using for a server? What kind of connection do you have on the server side? Connection on the client side? What OS are the clients running?

Office A (VPN Server)
Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Office B (Dial-In Server)
Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Sorry, but I do not know how to answer your questions as I was not the one who configured the VPN. If you can help me determine what connections that I have to help me greater assist you in helping me, please suggest how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back