Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Server shutting down NICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerl101

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have a Windows 2000 PDC that I am trying to install Routing and Remote Access on. I go throught the wizard for setting up a VPN Server, and the whole server suddenly shuts intself off of the network.

I have two NICs in the server and a Cisco 2600. The configuration is kind of strange for the Internet. The router is plugged directly into the network and internet traffic directed to the server gets forwarded to a local IP on the server from the Cisco router.

Please Help.
Thanks
rogerl101

Investigate the "ROUTE ADD" option to add a path through the appropriate network card.

I have a similar setup and had the same problems. Heres how I fixed it. You need to delete the input/output filters on your internet interface. Follow below:

Open Routing and Remote Access.
Click on IP Routing
Click on General
In the details pane, right-click the interface on which you want to modify a filter (the external IP address one), and then click Properties.
On the General tab, click either Input Filters or Output Filters.
In the Input Filters or Output Filters dialog box, click the filter you want to remove, and click remove. I deleted all of them in both input and output.

Works like a charm now! HTH.

Thanks TheBigDog

I haven't had opportunity to implement yet, but your solution sounds like it might work for me.

Thanks All

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back