Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Routing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langusmon

Programmer
Sep 14, 2007
US
Hi, im in the process of being able to hook my xbox up to my computer and have my xbox being connected through the VPN connection. I am to the point that i have my network cards on my PC bridged, so my internet goes through my PC and into a router. If i hook my laptop into my router i can get internet, so i know that part is set up correctly. Whenever i run my VPN connection on the PC, i get an error that says "IPX/SPX or compatible CP reported error 733: A connection to the remote computer could not be completed" So this is where i am stuck. Where do i go from here?

I know that this is possible because i know of someone who is doing exactly what i am trying to do.

Unless you're running Novell, you don't need IPX/SPX. In your network properties uninstall the protocol, I think you can remove it in windows add/remove properties as well.

Uninstall the protocol from the properties of the network interface card properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back