Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN routing across subnets

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlhbill

Programmer
Aug 25, 2002
US
I have a WIN2000 subnet of 192.168.1.0 with a number of workstations and a couple of servers. A BEFSR41 router serving as a gateway to the internet with a static IP. It also is the DHCP server for the 1.0 network. One of the servers has a second nic connecting to a BEFVP41 VPN router with a different static IP on subnet 192.168.2.0. There are multiple tunnels connecting several offices and my home. All this works fine because everybody offsite only needs access to the server with the 2.0 nic...except me. I would like to also be able to access resources on the 1.0 subnet from home. I am looking for options. Thanks.

It wold be nice if every time the vpn router saw traffic coming from your MAC address, it would route it to the subnet IP or by user name route it. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

try to DMZ host one of the computers in 1.0 subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back