Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Router to Router? Netopia 3346

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdc80

Technical User
May 28, 2002
US
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a VPN for the first time. Is it possible to setup a VPN connection between two routers. Both routers will be Netopia 3346. We do not have a static ip. Is there software that is required or can the VPN be established directly from router to router? The only pcs available for the software are used at the service counter. Do I need to setup a PC on either just for the connection? The server with the data we need is AS400 I think. We run Pro Comm Plus for the interface.

Thanks for any help.

yes you can set up a VPN between routers, but a static IP is ideal. In place of that you can use a DDNS (Dynamic DNS), go to dydns.org to do this.

If you have a site to site VPN going now you should also have a PC at the other location. Your server AS400 I have never worked with, but how does your pc connect to it now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back