Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Remote IP Phone with a Sonicwall NSA 240.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmicsniper

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Hello,
Is anyone running 5600-series VPN phones with a Sonicwall NSA 240 security gateway? Tek-Tip 190 for the Sonicwall Tz170 Router was helpful however the tunnel fails to build with an IKE phase 2 no response error when trying to connect my lab 5610 VPN phone to the customer's security gateway. Just curious if others have faced this issue or if a particular setting was required.
IP500 R5.08. My 5610 VPN set is a good phone and I can connect to a local cisco security gateway fine.

One the phone:
Ike phase 1 rcvd notify
error code: 3997700:18
module: notify:305

Ike phase 1 rcvd notify
error code: 3997698:18
module: notify:305

Ike phase 2 no response
error code: 3997700:0
module: ikmpd:353

Ike phase 2 no response
error code: 3997700:0
module: ikecfg:1184

ACS Implement IP Office

Can you list out the settings you have in the SonicWALL and the IP phone? For example do you have split tunnel enabled or "this gateway" or "all secured gateways". Do you have a virtual IP set in the phone and if so in the SonicWALL do you have "DHCP or Manual" selected? THings such as that.

Kyle Holladay
ACSS & APSS SME Communications
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"I have one speed, I have one gear...GO!!!" - Charlie Sheen

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back