Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwlott

MIS
Jun 21, 2002
US
I have a small office LAN and Windows 2000 server. The server is also configured to be a DHCP server. It is outfitted with two NIC cards, and a ADSL modem.

I am currently running WinProxy so that I can share internet connections. I also use it for my firewall.

I would like to configure a VPN so that our consultants can access the network from remote sites. Unfortunately, Winproxy 4.0 does not support inbound VPN connections.

Our company has 14 employees. What are my options if I want to set up a VPN and still share my internet connection. Will ICS work in my environment? Are there proxy servers that support inbound VPN connections?

Thanks,
Jeff

Set up Routing and Remote access. Set up your server for Network Router and Remote access server. Add NAT and configure it. Set up your VPN ports and remember to give the correct users Dial-in access... Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back