Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Quarantine! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodle786

Technical User
Apr 7, 2003
US
I wanted to begin using Microsoft's Remote Access Server features, including VPN Quarantine to control clients accessing the network. I want to check the virus definitions of each client, and I was wondering if anyone knows a script that does this? I have Symantec Norton Anti-virus Corporate Edition v.7.6 All I want is to right a basic script to check to see what the latest virus definition is supposed to be and then check the client's computer to see if they have that version.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Noodle

I have NAV at home and was trying to identify the VirDef file but could not find it. I'm using Version.Dat in this example script, please note it is not the file you need.

This script should give you something to work with. I would think that the property you will be most interested in is the Date Lst Modified as that should match the date of your last AV Update (when you identify the right file to check).

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set objFile = objFSO.GetFile("C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\version.dat")
Wscript.Echo "Date created: " & objFile.DateCreated
Wscript.Echo "Date last accessed: " & objFile.DateLastAccessed
Wscript.Echo "Date last modified: " & objFile.DateLastModified
Wscript.Echo "Drive: " & objFile.Drive
Wscript.Echo "Name: " & objFile.Name
Wscript.Echo "Parent folder: " & objFile.ParentFolder
Wscript.Echo "Path: " & objFile.Path
Wscript.Echo "Short name: " & objFile.ShortName
Wscript.Echo "Short path: " & objFile.ShortPath
Wscript.Echo "Size: " & objFile.Size
Wscript.Echo "Type: " & objFile.Type

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back