Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN PROBLEM

Status
Not open for further replies.

melospawn

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2001
DE
Hi, I had the vpn server on a w2000 server running great until my boss told me to change the w2000 to nt 4.0 again for some troubles with a third party sw.

Anyway, I putted on to a new server w2000. My problem here is that I want to use a second IP number for the NIC on the server. This is because I have close all the ports at my isp firewall for the vpn server. I have open the ports for the vpn to work.

Well, I have a www, ftp ,smtp, pop3 services on this server and that is way I will need to use a second ip for the nic.

Well, If I try to connect to the vpn server via LAN, not getting out to Internet I can connect to the 1st IP address (which is the address of my but if I try the second IP I cannot connect.

How can I use a IP address for the VPN server that is not the 1st one assigned to the PC?¿

Thansk a lot

Carpe Diem.
Carmelo Lopez-Portilla
CCNA, MCP
e-mail:clopez@infoport.digitainer.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back