Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Phone w/Kentrox router Works but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAAPhoneBrad

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
US
We have 2 IPO's connected through a VOIP SCN.

The 5621SW VPN Phone creates the VPN and registers with the IPO just fine and I can make and receive phone calls. Calling other extensions works just fine also EXCEPT when I call an extension that is part of the other IPO (the one we are connected to via SCN), the users name appears on my display and I hear the phone ringing but hen they pick it up we can not hear each other.

So when I call from the VPN Phone to an extension that is on the remote IPO I get no voice, all other calls are perfect.

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

Turn off direct media path on the IP extension.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I'll give it a shot. I thought that might be it as the tech tip says to turn it off, I just have to wait until I can reboot to test.

THANKS!

Sounds like a routing issue, and yes that should be fixed by unchecking direct media path. It depends (as usual) on certain details of the network.

Network is pretty basic. Just business cable going into the Kentrox, no other boxes. I'll know soon if un-checking DMP fixes the problem. I will post my results.

NOPE changing the Direct Media Path did not fix the problem.

It could also be direct media path on the IP trunks causing it. Does the kentrox in the office handle the connection for the other end of the SCN. if you only have 2 sites and digital phones then you can turn it off on the SCN trunk as well. that may help.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back