Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vpn phone to Vpn phone no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph51

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
US
We have successfully implemented VPN phones but have an issue adio between 2 of them. The phones work great except when one VPN phone calls another....no audio...call is presented, rings etc but there is not talk path when it is answered.

Configuration is CM 4.0, Cisco ASA 5505, 96xx phones with 3.1 h323 firmware.

check page 2 of the station form.... I believe you will need to make change to
Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? n
and/or
IP Audio Hairpinning? n
to clear the problem, you will need to change to Y and test to figure out the right combination. I THINK

probably you'll have to enable interfaces on same security level. Check if you have the following command:

same-security-traffic permit intra-interace

ACIS-SME

Murph51,

Did you solve this problem? If so could you share your solution. I have the same problem.

Thanks,

Jim

Every time I ran into this issue the problem turned out to be network routing. I had VPN phones that could establish audio fine on one network region but got no audio on another. Turned out there was no IP route back from the far end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back