Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Phone Changing to Disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

t2true

IS-IT--Management
May 25, 2004
US
CM 7.1.3
Phone firmware - 96x1-IPT-H323-R6_8_3_04-111919

I have a 9641 set up as a VPN phone (H.323). It was set up on the network first to pull down its files from Utility server and config from the 46xxsettings file.

When connected to an Internet port outside the network, it connects over VPN and works with no problem.

However, each night the VPN setting [in craft menu] changes from enabled to disabled. Therefore, the phone resets and then sits on Discover. When I attempt to change it back to enabled, there is no Save button to save the change; there is only cancel.

1. Any idea what is causing the phone to disable its VPN setting
2. Why is there no save button?

Thanks

I would look at a few things.
1) is how long does the network allow for a connect to be active before it will drop the connection.
2) in you configuration do you have two set of 46xxsetting files, one for in office and one for VPN. (i am bet that when the phone reboots it is pulling a version of the setting file that is for in office not VPN, and when it does that it is pulling down the FW for the none VPN phone.) in the past I have use Group ID to tell the files which the phone is, as well as having two FTP server 1 for office phone, 1 for VPN phones.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back